Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

I am so incredibly grateful to live in a country where I am free to speak my mind.  As I've mentioned before, my dad was in the Army and my little brother is currently in the Navy.  I'm so proud of both of them, as well as the rest of my military family and all of those that currently serve or have served this blessed country.


This weekend was busy, but as I watched the fireworks with friends Saturday night, we listened to the music - Proud to Be An American, The Star Spangled Banner - and all I could think about was how grateful I am for everything I have.  Tears definitely came to my eyes, but they were tears of gratitude and joy, (and a few tears for not being with my family on one of our favorite holidays).  We stood in the middle of the stadium we were at and I was absolutely in awe of everyone standing at attention, hands over their hearts, when The Star Spangled Banned played.  It was truly breathtaking.

Today, I am so grateful I can share my thoughts and feelings without fear of persecution.  I am grateful to know and feel patriotic for the country I live in.  I truly am proud to be an American!

This morning I found out one of the chefs I had in Culinary School is headed in for back surgery.  My thoughts are also with him and his family.  I pray he has a quick and full recovery.  Good luck, Chef Shawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment