Friday, June 4, 2010

Mmmm... Chocolate...


Boy, do I love food!  I did go to Culinary school, after all.  I'm sure most people expect to hear me talk about all the elaborate dishes I made in school, but the elaborate dishes aren't always my favorite.  Here are some of the elaborate sounding dishes I know how to make:  Ratatouille, Saffron Risotto, Fraisir Torte, Sangria, the list goes on.  Notice I said elaborate sounding.  Here is what these dishes are in plain English: Ratatouille is stewed vegetables arranged in a cool shape.  Saffron Risotto is as amazing as it sounds because true Saffron is $450 an ounce!  But risotto is basically a rice dish with some type of stock, (chicken, beef, vegetable).  Fraisir Torte is a type of cake-like torte.  It is pretty much gorgeous, (see above), but still simple to make.  The Sangria we made was white grape juice and tons of fruit that we put in the refrigerator to percolate overnight.

Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, 1.2-Pound BagDuring my Intro to Skills class, we got to be creative.  I decided to make my secret chocolate cake. I've been perfecting the recipe for nearly ten years.  The funny part?  I don't even like chocolate cake.  The even funnier part?  I won't touch that chocolate cake with a ten foot pole now.  It is full of heavy cream and sugar and you gain ten pounds just looking at it.  My friend's birthday is Sunday.  She, too, eats very healthy.  So, in an effort to have cake and eat it, too, I have found a new, healthier chocolate cake recipe.  Here it is:


Healthy Chocolate Cake
1 1/2 cups flour (or Personalized Protein Powder from Herbalife)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup Splenda, granulated
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup warm water

Procedure:
1. Sift the dry ingredients.
2. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.  Add to dry ingredients and mix gently.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Thanks to Sarah from The Pumpkin Patch for today's Foodie Friday inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment