Friday, September 24, 2010

Southwestern Open-Faced Sammich

Sometimes I love being a on a budget for grocery shopping.  It forces me to be creative and new ideas that I might not try otherwise.  Today, I got really creative.  I had bell pepers that needed to be used, but I wanted some type of sammich.  So, this is what I came up with:

Southwestern Open-Faced Sammich
red & green bell peppers, sliced fajita style
3 eggs
salsa
2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Orrowheat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins)
Directions:
1. Steam the peppers
2. Toast the bread and scramble the eggs
3. Put the eggs on the bread, followed by the peppers and salsa
I LOVE hot sauce so I put some of that on top, too.  My favorite is Tapatio.



I know the pictures are a little blurry...  but let me tell you, this sammich was SO GOOD!!!  It totally hit the spot!  Don't forget to link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment