Thursday, September 9, 2010

To My Siblings: Thank You!

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that they are cheating on their bed with the rest of life?  My bed misses me.  It told me so when I crawled out of it this morning around 5:30am.  My warm, soft sheets and fluffy pillows...  Getting up this morning was difficult.  I have never enjoyed being up before the sun.  This morning I thought back to when I was in college and how I would always sign up for 7am or 8am classes and either switch the class or miss half of them.  Most of the time I was lucky if I had done more than pull my hair back in a pony tail before running out the door, in flop flops, coat half way on. 

Why do I share this?  Because I am extremely grateful to be single and child-less.  Don't get me wrong; I love kids.  I was Baby-sitter Extraordinaire growing up, sometimes baby-sitting for two or three different families a week.  I loved it!  But kids are not for me...  I am also very grateful for my siblings providing my parents with a ridiculous amount of grand kids so I don't have to.  Between my five older siblings, they have 13 kids...  and I have NO idea how they do it.  So, thanks guys!  I will continue to play proud Auntie and spoil your kids rotten, then give them back.  :)  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I can relate to what you are saying Jo. I have no kids and when ever I'm around my nieces and nephews, I love them sooooooooooo much. But it reafirms that I did the right thing.

    Just an FYI, your sandwich has been posted on Sandwich 365.com in a sneak peek for the world to see. Go and check it out. Contest winner to be announced on Sunday the 12th. Thanks again for participating. Keri www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete