Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sick of Being Sick?

I was on Facebook recently and saw a post from a friend of mine.  Her kids are sick and her little girl is running a fever.  She said she picked up the bottle of Motrin and actually read the label for the first time and was shocked when she saw what it said.  She asked what alternatives there are.  My heart broke for her because I know she is a good mom and only wants the best for her family.  Her post is similar to many other posts I've seen:  People are sick and don't know what to do!  It's been a while since I've done a rant post, so here it is.  I honestly cannot keep my mouth shut a second longer because EVERYBODY needs this information.

Here's the deal:
1.) Pharmaceuticals are not your friend!  The chemicals in medications and over the counter drugs are keeping you sick and perpetuating the cycle!  Think about it:  if people were not getting sick, there would be no need for doctors (except for emergencies).  So, if the doctors and Pharmaceutical companies can keep us sick, they stay in business.  The side effects of common medications are often vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, migraines, heart attacks, stroke, heart disease, cancer, death...  None of those side effects are necessary and they all stem from the chemicals used to make the drugs. 
2.)  The FDA is not your friend, either!  Did you know most of the pre-packaged food products out there contain corn or genetically modified soybeans?  They are government subsidized and extremely cheap to grow and use for manufacturers.  Same with processed sugar.  The average kid in America consumes 26 teaspoons of sugar every day, and that does not include candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.  That's in their cereal, sandwiches, mac and cheese, etc.  No wonder we have behavior problems!  High fructose corn syrup hits the same spot in your brain that heroin does.  Kids are even more susceptible to the effects.  Every time your kids eat something with high fructose corn syrup, they are getting the same high they would from heroin.  That's why you crave more - if you stay hooked, then the Pharmaceutical companies have you for life.  Yes, I did just connect the FDA and the Pharmaceutical companies.  They are virtually one in the same, sadly.
3.)  You do not have to get sick.  I personally know people that have not been sick in years!  When you stop eating processed sugars and foods, stop taking medications, and give your body what it needs and wants, your body takes care of itself.  I have not been sick since I made these changes and I cannot express how much better I feel!  I wake up feeling good every single day, even when I'm running on little sleep.  I am vibrant and alive, with all the energy I need.  I am far more productive than I ever was before.  My body actually heals while I sleep!  Life does not have to be miserable, day to day, sickness to sickness, paycheck to paycheck. 

I know these are very bold statements, but trust me when I tell you I have done the research to back all this up. If you want to know more, email me at cheffiejo@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment