Monday, August 9, 2010

Pampered... Now Back to Work!

This weekend was incredible!  We had a blast with all the spa parties, manicures, pedicures, food... Even the puppy was tired!
Peggy, Holly, and Sarah
Katelyn and Cindy
Banana Muffins
End of the Spa Party
Before the Manicure
After the Manicure - Thanks, Tionna!
Before the Pedicure
After the Pedicure - I did it MYSELF!
Sunset
After Playing Fetch - Tired Puppy!
After Playing Fetch - OWIE!  This is what happens when your toes connect with the puppy's jaw... Don't worry - puppy and Jo are both okay.  :)
Enchiladas for Dinner
Lightning Storm - I couldn't get the lightning...
Banana Bars
Banana Bars - After the chocolate melted


Banana Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 package sugar free cheesecake pudding
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 bag sugar free chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
Directions:
1. Cream butter and Splenda.  Add egg and stir.
2. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and pudding.  Mix together.
3. Add bananas and mix til combined.
4. Spread into a buttered pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  When melted, spread across bars.

This recipe is a Cheffie Jo original. I made it up last night.  They tasted pretty good, too, so I'm pretty proud of that!  :)

Don't forget to link your weekend to Thursday's Selfish Respect post!  I want to see how pampered everyone was!

2 comments:

  1. NICE! I could sure use a day of pamperig! Those banana bars look really good. I just might have to try them.

    By the way, I don't know if anyone makes sugar free marshmallows. I have never thought to look.

    Thanks for linking to Messy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! The banana bars were so tasty! I think if I were to make them again I would not spread the chocolate on top. Just my own thought on it... :)

    ReplyDelete