Friday, August 27, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

I'm sure you all have figured out that I love food.  And I simply refuse to give up my favorites, even though I sometimes have to get really creative to make them healthy.  :)  Last night I had one of my all-time most favorite foods ever:  'mato sammich.  For those of you that don't like tomatoes: You are missing out on one of my guilty pleasures.  I did take pictures, (but didn't remember til I was almost half way through the sandwich), and I have a recipe for you, too.  So, here ya go!  Happy Foodie Linky Party!

'Mato Sammich
2 slices whole wheat bread (I use Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread)
1 roma tomato (firm, red, and hearty)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use Kraft's Olive Oil Mayo)

Directions:
1. Toast the bread.  Slice tomato.
2. Spread mayo on both slices of bread.
3. Put tomato slices on bread.
I used to put cheese on the sammich.  Cheddar is pretty delish!

I know... super difficult.  :)  But, I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite of my 'mato sammich!




Don't forget to link up!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, works for me. A simple thing that floats my boat.

    Keri at www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy - thanks so much for visiting, and thanks for telling me about the link problem for my giveaway - it's been corrected. Good luck!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THESE... I had one yesterday! But I used Jack sprat wheat bread and put alfalf sprouts on mine. All Hail the Sammich!

    ReplyDelete