Friday, August 20, 2010

Salsa with a Twist!

When I was in Culinary school, I had a restaurant class.  We had a teaching kitchen and the restaurant was open for lunch every Tuesday and Wednesday.  Each week we had different food from somewhere in the world.  One week for our start, the class decided to make fresh chips and salsa, and it was SO GOOD!  I don't remember everything we put in it, but I make fresh salsa all the time, so now it's time to share!

Fresh Salsa
Mango
Bell Peppers (any color)
Onion
Garlic
Tomatoes
Cilantro
Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Black Pepper and Salt

Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you want. Dice the ingredients, gently stir together.
It's better if you let it sit in the refrigerator overnight so all the flavors come together. 

No pictures today.  Bummer when I write the post and can't find the picture...  Guess that means I need to make more this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment