Monday, May 3, 2010

Healthier Chocolate Covered Strawberries

MIU 4-Piece Silicone Spatulas Set, Pastel Colors
Last night my mom and I decided we wanted a little treat, so we made chocolate covered strawberries.  Who doesn't love chocolate covered strawberries?  (Unless you're one of  my sisters and the chocolate gives you migraines...  sorry E & S!)  Since we're both watching how much sugar we consume, we decided to make the chocolate a little healthier.  We used 85% dark chocolate and sugar free chocolate chips.  I melted the chocolate down over a double boiler (of sorts.  In this case it was a small stainless steel pan and a small metal bowl).  The best way I have found is to use a high temperature spatula to stir the chocolate.  A high temp spatula can handle the heat and won't melt.  Once the chocolate was melted, we pulled the chocolate off the heat and dipped our strawberries.  I wasn't sure how the chocolate was going to taste, but I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised!  The strawberries were a tasty little treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment